Inspired by "The Book of Awesome" Team Ghana met during our mid-summer retreat and made note of some "awesome" moments we've experienced so far in our daily lives and the special and memorable moments that happen outside of the office.
Here is our list so far and it will only continue to be added to by the cooperants!
• reggae on the beach
• tstssing at strangers without being rude
• making fufu and getting ghanaian approval
• riding on trotros
• carrying a baby on my back
• playing with food (fufu/banku)
• refreshing koobe from the street (coconut)
• baby goats
• football with the family!
• fan ice and fan yogo
• exchanging French and German phrases for Twi lessons
• surviving Boti falls
• birthday breakfast and biking
• dancing to a drum circle in Pig Farm with pineapple
• chicken walking into the office
• drum lessons
• things people sell on the street
• whipping hair!
• eating sugar cane
• the ocean
• James' music
Stay tuned for a more detailed post about the Mid-Summer retreat weekend in Cape Coast and a reflection post about my experience in Ghana as my time with this fantastic crew has come to a close!